First you need to create an app in your Etsy store. The app will generate the information that then need's to be entered into your #shopalocal account. When that information is saved in your account, you will then be able to import your products and sync information back and forth between your Etsy store and your #shopalocal account.
Step 1: Create the app in your Etsy Store.
1. Go to https://www.etsy.com/developers and click on the Register as Developer link.
2. Next you will be approached by a simple registration form where you will need to provide some basic information like: Your Name, Email, Password and Username. You can also use to register using Facebook or Google account. After you provide your registration details, you will be sent a confirmation email which you will need to verify.
3. Now you will be directed to a page where you will need to provide certain information about your app. The information required for this page are:
Provide the desired name for your application. Shop a Local
Describe your Application:
Provide the description for this application. This app is used to sync products from Etsy to #shopalocal. This app meets all the product feed requirements.
What type of Application are you building?
Click on the checkbox besides Seller Tools.
Who will be the users of this application?
For this, select the option Just myself or colleagues.
Is your application commercial? Will you charge people to access the application?
Select No for this option.
Will your app do any of the following? Can check more than one.
Here select all of the provided options, namely – Upload or edit listings, Read Sales Data, Send email
After filling up this form, verify the captcha and click on the Read Terms and Create App button.
Now you will get a success and Welcome to the Etsy API message.
Here you will find the App Name, Keystring and Shared Secret of your App. You will need to this information for your #shopalocal account.
Now that you have created an app, you can easily get the credentials. Visit: Apps You’ve Made > Click on See API Key Details:
Copy the Keystring: API Key & Shared Secret Key and enter these details while configuring Etsy Connector App for Shopify.
STEP 2: COPY AND PASTE YOUR API CREDENTIALS FROM YOUR APP TO YOUR ADMIN ACCOUNT IN #SHOPALOCAL.
1. Log in to your #shopalocal account. And go to Set-Up>>Etsy Sync
2. Enter the following details:
- Enter your Etsy Shop Name
- In API Key, enter your Private App's API Key.
- In Secret Key, enter your Shared Secret Key
3. Press save.
You will now see a green button in the top right corner that says "Import Products.'
STEP 3: IMPORT PRODUCTS FROM YOUR ETSY STORE
1. Click on the Import Products button. You will have two methods to import products:
Method 1: Using single or comma-separated Listing ID(s)
Using this method, Seller needs to enter the Listing ID(s) of the products that he/she wants to import and then click on the “Import” button to get those products imported from Etsy to the Multivendor app.
Method 2: Import Products using CSV
In this method, Seller can upload a CSV file having a list of all the product’s listing IDs to be imported at a time in bulk. Once uploaded, Validate the file and click on the Submit button.