User Guide: Pop-Up Shop
How it Works
The Pop-Up Shop works like your standard marketplace (similar to Etsy, Amazon), where you list your product on the marketplace and they can be purchased on from Shop a Local website.
Allowing customers to purchase directly from Shop a Local improves conversion rates by removing additional steps to complete in the purchase process.
What's unique about Shop a Local, is that we provide the option to opt-in individual products to the Pop-Up shop, in addition to a full-stop shop. So if you'd prefer to send traffic to your website, i.e. the window shopper experience, you can do so and only put a single product in the pop-up shop.
However, if you are an Etsy User, we require all products to be listed on the pop-up shop to improve the purchase experience for your customers.
Benefits of the Pop-Up Shop
With the Pop-Up Shop you can sell up to 50 different products at a time on Shop a Local with an extended reach across our channels including:
- Shop a Local Instagram Shop
- Premium Social Media Advertising Placement
- Shop a Local Pop-Up Shop Section of our Marketplace
- Shop a Local Mobile App (coming soon)
- Rewards & Loyalty Program Participation
The cost of listing an item in the pop-up shop is 15% commission. This commission fee also covers transaction fees. When the transaction occurs on the marketplace, the total amount minus 15% commission is transferred to you by Paypal.
Note: 15% commission is on the product price only. We do not take 15% commission from your shipping fee.
Set-Up & Configuration
You can activate your pop-up shop in a few steps:
- Set-Up Payment Method (How you'd like to receive your funds)
- Select Your Preferred Method of Shipping & Configure
- Add the Pop-Up tag to your product;
- OR send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Pop-Up Shop Ready, and we'll put all your products in Pop-Up Shop Mode